As we have done for the past 27 years, The Page School will again run the Holiday Helper Program to sponsor children from local families who are experiencing significant economic and social hardships. This year, we will be providing children with holiday gifts identified through two local social service organizations:
- We’ve adopted thirteen children through the Amesbury Holiday Program, a wonderful local organization that provides gifts for children in need living in each child is granted four wishes for gifts through this program: two items of clothing, and two toys.
- We’re working with the Pettengill House to supply gift cards for local families to help make the holidays brighter for their The Pettengill House supports families in Amesbury, Byfield, Groveland, Merrimac, Newbury, Newburyport, Rowley, Salisbury and West Newbury.
To keep this support anonymous, we’ve worked with a social worker at Pettengill who has identified 31 families in need in the Pentucket towns of West Newbury, Groveland and Merrimac and provided us with the children’s specific requests for gift cards. Pettengill provides each child with two gift cards for stores of their choosing, each for at least $25, as well as a $25 gift card for a stocking stuffer. Gift card requests are provided in the SignUpGenius site (see below for information about how to access this).
All gifts must be unwrapped, per the request of these organizations, so that they may cross- check the gifts with the original gift requests forms for size, age appropriateness, etc. prior to being given to the program’s families. But, don’t worry! If you’d like to help wrap, we have again offered our support to Page School’s art teacher, Mrs. Wood, who collects books for children in New York City for the holidays. We’ve tentatively scheduled our wrapping party for the week of December 4th, but please check the Holiday Helper FB page or SignUpGenius for more details.
How can I get started to help?
- Go to signupgenius.com
- Click on “Sign Up” next to the gift(s)/ gift cards that you wish to Please remember that for many of these children, these are the only gifts that they will receive this year. Gifts must be new! You must click on the “Submit and Sign Up” at the bottom of the page to confirm your choice.
- There is also a signup to volunteer to wrap books for Wood’s book drive. If you’re interested in helping out, just click on that signup for more information.
Do I have to participate?
Participation in the Holiday Helper program is completely voluntary. Some families participate one year, but not another. Some families purchase multiple gifts, while some purchase one. Many families involve their children in choosing and shopping for gifts, and use this program to help teach their own children about the importance of giving to those less fortunate. As you sign up, there will be a bulletin board at school showing how many children we’ve helped, with your family’s name indicated.
I want to change the gift that I am buying, or I would like to add another gift.
Just go online to your signup using the instructions above to edit, delete, or add an item.
Can I buy more than one gift? What if I don’t have time to buy a gift?
You are welcome to purchase as much or as little as you feel comfortable doing. Just make sure to click on “Sign Up” for each gift you would like to purchase on the signup website. Checks made out to WNPTO in any amount will gladly be accepted, and will be used by program volun- teers to fill in any gaps on each child’s list. Checks can be sent in to your child’s teacher, or left at the front office.
What do I do with my gift?
- Please label your gift with the child’s code number found on the online signup (ex. Family # 110, Child #1)
- If you are purchasing a gift card for a Pettengill House family, please label “PH”.
Gifts should be put in the large Holiday Helper bins located at the school. There is one inside the double doors near the Main Office, and also a bin on each floor of the school. Please leave gift cards at the main office collection box instead of in collection bins to ensure they do not get lost. If you would rather not send your gifts in to school, they may be dropped off in the bin on the front porch of Brooke Lear’s home.
GIFTS ARE DUE BY THE END OF THE DAY ON FRIDAY, DECEMBER 8th. We cannot accept gifts after this date.
If you have any questions, please contact Brooke Lear at email@example.com.
Check out our Facebook page – www.facebook.com/PageSchoolHolidayHelperProgram – for answers to frequently asked questions. “Like” our page to receive program updates and re- minders.
Thank so you so much for your support. Your generosity is greatly appreciated. Our warm wish- es for a very happy holiday season!