Our WNPTO-run before school physical activity program, is gearing up for the Spring session. BOKS prepares children for a day of learning and helps kids learn the benefits of exercise and healthy choices. Plus it’s FUN!
When is BOKS? NEW TIME!
- The spring session will run from Tuesday, March 14– Friday, May 26
- BOKS will run every Tuesday and Friday morning (excluding April vacation and Good Friday)
- New drop off time is 7:30 am and class will end at 8:25 am.
Typical BOKS Class
- We encourage tons of fun, lots of music and great teamwork throughout each class as we follow the Reebok curriculum for fundamental movements and functional fitness.
- Approximately 45 minutes long starting with a fun warm-up and movement drills.
- Running, relay races, obstacle courses & strength movements followed by a fun game.
- Cool down & BOKS Bit – a nutrition tip.
- The BOKS team of trainers, Lindsay Goff, Courtney Lucey, Joy Tewksbury-Pabst and Kelly Woodsum, have been trained by the Reebok team.
- The first 40 Kindergarten-6th grade students will be accepted on a first come, first served basis with forms and payment.
- To register use the following link, https://www.bokskids.org/parent-registration?F5QHwgZr0b. Once registered on the BOKS portal please send payment to school in an envelope marked WNPTO/BOKS.
- Cost to participate is $40 (less than $2 per class!).
- New participants will receive a tee-shirt.
- Scholarships are available. Please speak to Mr. Gray to submit a request.
- If your child participates in BASP, the staff will walk them to the gym for BOKS.
How should your child prepare?
- BOKS kids must arrive in sneakers and with a water bottle ready to participate!
- We will aim to get outside as often as we can in the Spring.
- Come fueled with a great breakfast and they may also bring a Page-approved healthy snack from home to eat prior to transitioning to their classrooms. Please NO JUNK FOOD!
Questions? Contact Lindsay Goff at email@example.com. Check out www.facebook.com/boksatpage
for great photos and videos of previous sessions.