Every year a 5th grade parent is asked to host the 6th grade dance. This year the dance will take place on Friday, June 2 or Friday, June 9th in the cafeteria.
- Meet with the 6th grade dance committee (made up of 6th grade students) once a week during their lunch period in the 6th grade classroom(s).
- Guide the kids as they choose a theme, prepare an invitation (which they will design and print), make decorations, etc.
- Assemble 5th grade parents and students to help decorate the gym the afternoon of the dance. (6th graders will be busy getting ready and taking photos)
- Assemble 5th grade parents to chaperone the dance.
- Get in touch with the DJ to secure the date. (the PTO has used the same DJ for several years)
- Create a Sign Up genius for 6th grade parents to donate decorations and food (snacks)
If you enjoy throwing a party and watching kids have a great time, this a great event for you! The kids do most of the work, they just need you to guide them. You will receive a binder with all the step-by-step information you need to reserve the DJ, the cafe and work with the kids.
For more information or to volunteer, please contact a member of the Executive Board Team via email, email@example.com