We are pleased to announce the return of BOKS, a before school physical activity program, at the Page School this fall. BOKS prepares children for a day of learning and is an important step in helping children gain an appreciation of the benefits of exercise and healthy choices that will last a lifetime. Classes are filled with team-oriented games and provide plenty of opportunity for play, since the program focuses on fun! BOKS is taught by parents who have been BOKS-trained by the Reebok team.
Typical BOKS Class (approximately 40 minutes long):
- Fun warm-up game or movement drills
- Running activity, relay races, obstacle courses & strength movements followed by a fun game
- Cool down & BOKS Bit – a nutrition tip.
When is BOKS?
- The first session will run from October 10th – December 16th.
- BOKS will run every Tuesday and Friday morning (excluding the day after Thanksgiving) from 7:40 am to 8:30 am. You may drop your child off starting at 7:30 am.
- Students should come fueled with a good, healthy breakfast. However, students will have the opportunity to eat a Page-approved snack from home prior to transitioning to their classrooms, if they wish.
How do I sign up?
- Registration via the BOKS website (https://www.bokskids.org/parent-registration?UWdThKIqJR) and send payment to school with your child in an envelope marked BOKS. Forty students total in grades K-6 will be registered on a first come, first served basis. Please register by Thursday, October 5th.
- Cost to participate is $40 for the entire 20 morning sessions and includes a tee-shirt.
Is there transportation for BOKS?
- Parents will be responsible for transporting their children to school and must come inside with their children to check them in.
- Students must arrive in sneakers and with a water bottle ready to participate!
Please visit the BOKS website at www.bokskids.org for more program details or contact Lindsay Goff.